About the role:
As a Paralegal at The Cowlitz Law Group, you will work alongside with Attorneys and staff to support The Cowlitz Law Group.
Benefits, Products and Services:
The ideal candidate is comfortable dealing with complex legal principles and materials. Specifically, the candidate has highly skilled legal research capabilities, advanced drafting skills, and the ability to edit and proofread for not only what is contained within documents but what is omitted.
The highly hardworking candidate will have outstanding ability to organize and prioritize workload, understand written and oral directions, and to communicate effectively in writing and orally. The candidate will also interpret statutes/codes and case law at an extremely high level.
Generally, candidates will excel at working independently and will have the opportunity to work with internal legal and business colleagues, external regulators and personnel, in addition to navigating outside counsel and staff.
- Assisting in the preparation of Wills, Estates. Probates, and Trusts
- Being responsible for the organization and maintenance of all legal documents
- Maintaining compliance calendar
- Maintaining legal entity chart
- Proofreading legal documents and drafting detailed communications
- Assisting with document review and analysis
- Facilitating contract management and general file organization, managing forms/templates, and obtaining signatures as needed
- Assisting senior leadership with preparation for the board of director meetings
- Assisting with internal regulatory audits
- Adhering to all company policies, procedures, and business ethics codes
What We Are Looking For:
- 3-5 years of paralegal experience in the state of Washington
- Experience in CLIO is a BIG plus
- Must have a High School/GED
- Must have bachelor’s degree, paralegal certification or associate degree in paralegal studies
- Advanced skills in Windows/Word/Outlook/Excel/PDF application
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Have excellent verbal and written communication
- Self-motivated and directed
- Ability to problem-solve on one’s own initiative
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Have extreme attention to detail
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Work Schedule: Monday- Friday 8:00 am-5:00 pm PST
- Remote Work in Washington State Only
- Salary Range depends on experience
- MUST have 3-5 years’ experience working in Washington State as a paralegal or an equivalent position
What We Prefer to Find:
- Experience in Estate, Wills, Trust, and Probate, & Family Law
- Experience in corporate, banking, or related industry, or at a law firm with clients in those industries
Why We Love Working at Cowlitz Law Group:
We at The Cowlitz Law Group are passionate about working together towards our goals in order to continually push this company forward. We innovate, collaborate, celebrate team successes, and recognize individual accomplishments.
Every position and every person matters here. We value our employees, and we like to promote from within, so as the company continues to grow, so can you!
How to Apply?
To be considered for employment, please submit your application online. While we appreciate all the interest we receive, only candidates that meet the above requirements will be selected for screening for an interview, and you will be contacted directly. You will receive application status alerts via email so make sure your email address is accurate.
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME WITH A COVERHSEET TO THE FOLLOWING EMAIL ADDRESS: