Karim A. Hamir, Esq.
Meet our Founding Partner
General Corporate | Guardianship | Elder Law | Wills, Trusts & Estate Planning | Family Law
Karim is a former commercial banker, as well as a former Adjunct Law Professor at a renowned university in Canada.
Karim A. Hamir embodies the values and expertise that Cowlitz Law Group PLLC stands for. Licensed in Washington State and the United States District Court for the Western District of Washington, he practices with an emphasis on Family Law and Estate Planning.
His deep understanding of financial transactions and commercial banking has been honed through extensive experience assisting private and business entities with intricate legal disputes. Beyond just advocacy, Karim’s role at Cowlitz Law Group PLLC is pivotal. As the managing attorney, he oversees the firm’s operations, ensuring every case reflects the group’s unwavering commitment to legal excellence and innovation.
Karim’s diverse background includes tenure as an adjunct professor at a Canadian university, adding further depth to the knowledge and expertise he brings to the firm. Moreover, he is a staunch advocate for the importance of physical fitness, emphasizing Cowlitz Law Group PLLC’s holistic approach to both life and law.
When you choose Cowlitz Law Group PLLC, you’re aligning with a team fortified by professionals like Karim. Our collective of seasoned lawyers blends innovative thinking with a shared commitment to delivering exceptional legal services. With every engagement, clients benefit from the comprehensive wisdom and dedication our firm represents..
- Western Michigan University
– Jurisprudence Doctorate, Law, 2003.
- Washington State Bar Association
– Bar Admission, 2003.
- University of Ottawa
– Bachelor of Laws Equivalency, FLLC, 2006.
University of Phoenix
– Master of Business Administration, MBA, 2008.
- Columbia Business School
– Value Investing Certification, 2018.
- York University
– Bachelor of Arts Degree in Sociology, 1999.
- Justice Institute of British Columbia
– Mediation Courses: Centre for Conflict Resolution, Mediation Skills, Dealing with Anger, Resolving Conflict in the Workplace, Dealing with Conflict, Mediation Skills, and Advanced Mediation and Negotiation Skills, 2007.
- RBC Royal Bank of Canada
– Commercial Financial Analyst Certification Program, 2008.
- Meritus University
– Certificate in Undergraduate and Graduate Teaching, Meritus University.
- Canadian Securities Institute
– Canadian Securities Course Designation (Achieved August 2015), Personal Financial Service Advice Designation (Achieved November 2015), Personal Financial Planning Certification (In Progress).
Bar And Court Admissions
- Washington State Bar, 2003.
- United States District Court,
Western State of Washington, 2003.
- Washington State Bar Association.
- American Bar Association.
- Bankruptcy Law.
- Business Formation.
- Business Operations.
- Commercial Contracts.
- Contested Wills or Probate.
- Cross Border Compliance in Estate Planning.
- Drafting Wills and Trusts.
- Estate Administration.
- Estate Planning.
- Elder Law.
- Family Law.
- Legal Research & Writing.
- Mergers & Acquisitions.