Family LawChild Support
Child Support in Washington State
Child support is a crucial legal issue that arises in many cases, including divorce, legal separation, and establishment of paternity. In Washington State, child support is governed by specific statutory guidelines that take into account the income of the parents and the needs of the child. In this write-up, we will discuss child support statutes in Washington State, what the court looks at in making decisions, and provide supporting case law to illustrate our expertise in this area of law.
Child Support Statutes in Washington State
In Washington State, child support is governed by the Revised Code of Washington (RCW) 26.19. The statute establishes the basic formula for calculating child support based on the incomes of both parents and the needs of the child. The formula takes into account the number of children, the income of each parent, and the cost of child care and health insurance, among other factors.
What the Court Looks at in Decisions:
When making decisions about child support, the court will consider a variety of factors. Some of the most important factors include:
- The income of each parent, including any bonuses or commissions;
- The number of children and their ages;
- The financial resources of the child, including any income or assets;
- The cost of health insurance and child care;
- The standard of living that the child would have enjoyed had the parents not separated;
- The educational and special needs of the child;
- Any extraordinary financial needs of the child;
- The parent’s assets, including any real estate, investments, or other property;
- Any spousal maintenance or support paid by either parent;
- Any other relevant factor that may affect the financial needs of the child.
How Our Firm Can Help?
At our law firm, we have extensive experience in handling child support cases in Washington State. Our team of attorneys is dedicated to providing our clients with the legal guidance and support they need to achieve a favorable outcome. We understand that every child support case is unique, and we work closely with our clients to develop a customized legal strategy that meets their specific needs.
In conclusion, child support is an important legal issue that requires careful consideration of the child’s needs and the financial circumstances of both parents. If you are in need of legal assistance with a child support case, please do not hesitate to contact our law firm for a consultation. We have a deep understanding of the laws and regulations surrounding child support in Washington State, and can provide effective legal representation to help you achieve your goals. With our experience and expertise, you can be confident that you are in good hands.