590 Waterfront Way #504, Vancouver WA 98660 | info@cowlitzgroup.com

Family Law

Child custody modification and enforcement
AdobeStock 303831803 min

Child Custody Modification in Washington State

Child custody modification and enforcement are legal processes that allow parents to modify or enforce the terms of an existing child custody agreement. In Washington State, these processes can be complex and require the guidance and support of experienced legal professionals. Here is an overview of child custody modification and enforcement in Washington State, along with some case law to support our firm’s expertise.

In Washington State, a child custody order can be modified if there has been a substantial change in circumstances since the order was entered. Some examples of substantial changes may include a parent’s relocation, a change in the child’s needs or activities, or a significant change in a parent’s work schedule or income. To modify a child custody order, the parent seeking the modification must file a petition with the court and provide evidence of the substantial change in circumstances.

Child Custody Enforcement

If a parent is not complying with a child custody order, the other parent can seek enforcement of the order. The court may enforce the order through a number of means, including imposing fines or jail time, modifying the custody order, or granting additional visitation time to the non-compliant parent. To seek enforcement of a child custody order, the parent must file a motion with the court and provide evidence of the other parent’s non-compliance.

AdobeStock 470843095 min
judge hammer 2210x1473 1

How Our Firm Can Help?

At The Cowlitz Law Group, if you are facing a child custody modification or enforcement issue in Washington State, our experienced and knowledgeable attorneys are here to help. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and learn more about how we can assist you through this challenging time.

Your Case Will Be Well Represented

Other Services

Wills, Trust, Estate Planning & Probate


Elder Law

Family Law

Criminal Law

Translate »

Pin It on Pinterest